When you’re having a destination wedding, it’s especially important to make your wedding feel uniquely, well, you! From highlighting elements of local culture to featuring family photos, here are a few ways to customize your big day!
1. Give a nod to your hometown by serving a food or snack it’s known for, such as jambalaya or lobster rolls.
2. Personalize your greenery by having your initials carved in it.
3. Hand out personalized fans with caricatures of you and your spouse on them to keep everyone cool during the ceremony.
4. Not big on cake? Go for a cooler option instead – popsicles! Your guest will love the refreshing alternative to cake.
5. If your guests are traveling far for your wedding, have fun with your invite and make it look like a passport or plane ticket.
6. Pay tribute to your alma mater with a college-themed garter.
7. In lieu of a traditional guestbook, ask guests to snap a selfie, glue it into a scrapbook, and add a note!
8. Does your destination offer some kind of unique entertainment? Wow your friends with a post-dinner firebreather (or something less flammable).
9. Invite your furry friend to your wedding (if only to just snap pictures with him/her).
10. Instead of a guestbook, have your attendees sign your favorite game pieces.
11. Offer an alternative activity to dancing that reflects something both of you enjoy.
12. Ask guest to sign a map as a way to showcase how far your guests came to support you.
13. Show off your adorable flower girls and ring bearers by having them carry a personalized sign down the aisle.
14. Have your cake baker paint your favorite quote onto your dessert as a fun alternative to signage.
15. Pay homage to your culture by donning the traditional bride and groom attire.
Put all your work into Inspired by this article and want to speak with an expert travel agent about how you can plan an unforgettable destination wedding? Let one of Vacation’s on-call travel experts match you with an expert travel agent, who can customize the dream wedding itinerary you deserve.