For nature lovers planning their honeymoon in Australia, your job is about to get a little easier with these list of unique ideas. In the Land Down Under, the ocean is your playground and home to natural landmarks such as Bondi Beach, the Great Barrier Reef, the Whitsunday Islands and the 12 Apostles. No matter where you are, there’s an amazing aquatic adventure just calling your name. Here are few ideas to consider as part of your post-nuptial celebration.
3 Best Ways to See the Great Barrier Reef
1. Leap from your catamaran to snorkel among the vivid coral gardens or the treasured Great Barrier Reef.
2. Take a rafting tour to the Whitsunday Islands for a snorkeling adventure without the crowds.
3. If you prefer to stay dry, see it all on a reef charter departing from Port Douglas.
Best Scenic Hikes
1. Hike from idyllic beach to idyllic beach along the magnificent Bondi to Coogee Trail.
2. Trek up to the lookout at Wineglass Bay for incredible views of Tasmania’s Freycinet National Park.
3. Wind along spectacular trails at Tidal River in Wilsons Promontory National Park, the best-kept secret of Australia’s southernmost peninsula.
Top 3 Quintessential Sydney Experiences
1. Race across Sydney Harbour by boat for an up-close photo op with the iconic Opera House.
2. Don’t miss the rose garden at Sydney Royal Botanic Garden.
3. Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge to experience the maritime heart of the city.
Memorable Adventures for Your Bucket List
1. Swim beside gentle whale sharks in Western Australia’s awe-inspiring Ningaloo Reef.
2. Zipline through the lush backdrop of Queensland’s Daintree Rainforest.
3. Get an unmatched aerial view of the sparkling blue ocean on a skydiving adventure in Wollongong, just south of Sydney.
Perfect Views on Paths Through Paradise
1. Stroll along the powdery white sands of Whitehaven Beach, considered the most beautiful beach in the world.
2. Escape on a short plane ride to the rolling green hills and electric turquoise coves of Lord Howe Island.
3. Wander the secluded inlets and pristine sugar-sand beaches of Rottnest Island in Western Australia.
Inspired by this article and want to speak with an expert travel agent about how you can plan an unforgettable honeymoon, destination wedding or vacay in Australia? Let one of Vacation’s on-call travel experts match you with an expert travel agent to customize an itinerary you’re gonna love.