The Best Ways to Commune with Nature in Australia
Explore Australia's Native Flora, Rainforests and More!
Australia is home to the world’s most distinctive and diverse natural environments. From a nature-communing vacay or honeymoon, get up close to native plants and animals, explore wide open spaces and discover ancient rainforests on the fringe of modern cities. Prepare to be amazed!
Can't-Miss Sights for the Perfect Selfie
1. Take a helicopter ride over the massive monolith Uluru to truly appreciate the grandeur of the Outback.
2. Glide high above the rainforest in a glass-bottomed cable car at the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway in Cairns.
3. See the soaring cityscape standing above the glass floor at Eureka Skydeck 88 in Melbourne.
Top 3 Stops for High-Altitude Overlooks
1. Travel to the Blue Mountains to meet the Three Sisters—the famous rock formation just a few hours from Sydney.
2. See the city sparkle against a sea of stars atop the iconic Sydney Tower.
3. Hike to The Pinnacle at Halls Gap for some of the most spectacular views in Victoria.
Discover the World's Oldest Rainforest Near Cairns
1. Hike among the prehistoric plants and rare creatures of the Daintree Rainforest, the oldest tropical rainforest on Earth.
2. Wind through the verdant jungle on a leisurely drift snorkeling tour of the Mossman River.
3. Hear nature’s nocturnal symphony on a flashlight-guided night tour of the rainforest in Cape Tribulation.
Top 3 Aboriginal Cultural Excursions
1. Discover detailed Aboriginal art and cascading waterfalls in World Heritage-listed Kakadu National Park.
2. Learn to throw a boomerang, try traditional bush foods, and see a live dance performance at Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park.
3. See impressive collections of Indigenous and modern Australian art at the Art Gallery of New South Wales in Sydney.
Must-See Outdoor Experiences
1. Explore Tasmania’s wilderness by foot—walk through lush fern forests and feel the mist from cascading waterfalls.
2. Watch the shadows shift across the red desert on a sunset hike of the Larapinta Trail in Alice Springs.
3. Breathe in the scent of a thousand flowers at the Floriade festival in Canberra’s Commonwealth Park.
Inspired by this article and want to speak with an expert travel agent about how you can plan an unforgettable vacay in Australia? Let one of Vacation’s on-call travel experts match you with an expert travel agent to customize an itinerary you’re gonna love.